PNAs (blockers for mitochondrial and chloroplast amplification)
- More organelles were filtered from the leaves than the roots, sediment, or water.
|average % loss by sample type|
- using PNAs did not result in an overall loss of reads
|# filtered reads|
- in progress: do we see more chimeras with PNA use?
Run summary statistics
- 533 samples, including kit controls and PNA tests
- reads per sample (after filtration) ranged from 5 – 206,661
- the kit control with the most reads had 6549
- 306 (57.4%) of the samples had fewer than 6549 reads, we’ll call these low-abundance samples
- breakdown of low-abundance samples by type
|126 (41.1%)||109 (35.6%)||32 (8.8%)||33 (10.8%)|
- in progress: not sure, I published this post by accident